Thursday, May 14, 2015

Team World Vision




Hi Friends!  I will be running the Kansas City Half Marathon in October with Team World Vision to help provide clean water to communities in Africa!  "World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice." The needs in these communities are real, and I am so excited to be a small part in helping solve this problem.


For every $50 raised, water will be provided for one person for a lifetime.  Providing clean water allows the children in Africa to have improved nutrition, better overall health, and better quality of life.  It also allows the children to go to school instead of spending their days fetching water.  My goal is to raise $100 for every mile that I run, which makes my goal $1,310.  I am super excited about this opportunity and I appreciate your support!  

Check out my page and donate here



No comments:

Post a Comment