Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hospital Hill Half Marathon Training Update



I am 6 weeks out from the Hospital Hill Half Marathon in Kansas City, and I am finally starting to feel like I might actually survive!  I have been trying to follow my training program as closely as possible, while still getting in all of my daily Tone it Up workouts for the #bikiniseries.  


Most of my runs have been with my baby girl, and let me tell you...running with a stroller is NO joke.  It's been a struggle for me to get back into the running game, and pushing a 25 pound stroller with a 10 pound baby and a car seat just takes it to a whole new level!  My mom was in town visiting last week, so I was able to get quite a few runs in without the girl.  Our morning routine consisted of my mom taking the baby on an hour long walk while I set off running....slowly but surely.  


My longest run was this past Sunday, I completed 6.2 miles and felt so proud of myself when I finished.  I didn't want to run from the second I stepped out the door, but I am so glad I pushed myself to stick to the plan.  The neighborhood I live in has a lot of hills, which is great because apparently the race course is very hilly.  Training with the stroller will probably make the race course seem like a breeze since I have been pushing 50 pounds up the hills in my neighborhood.  Also, I ran the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco 2 years in a row...if I survived 26.2 miles in the hills of SF, I should be alright.  

Stay tuned for my next update!   

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm due late august and want to start training after for another half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the pregnancy Amy! I signed up for the half marathon late in my pregnancy, that way I was forced to start running again haha!

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo! Keep it up girl! I love that you are keeping up with the Bikini Series while training! I have been trying as best as I can to, but sometimes it can be tough to get it all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Some days are definitely better than others, but I am determined to get my pre-baby body back!! haha.

      Delete