Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

I had a very special first Mother's Day weekend, one I will never forget!  I think Mother's Day might be my new favorite holiday, because being Maddy's mommy is the best thing that has ever happened to me!  I also love getting presents...just being honest here! ;)  



My fun weekend started Saturday morning.  My husband and I took the body pump class at our gym followed by a sprint interval workout around the track.  I am so happy Maddy is finally old enough to go to the kids club at our gym, I really missed working out with my man!  After our workout I took a photography class all day with my sister-in-law.  It was so much fun to finally learn how to use my new DSLR camera that my husband bought me for Christmas.  We learned so much new helpful information, but it's all very overwhelming!  I think I might sign up to take a few more classes, and hopefully you will start to notice some photography improvement on my blog :).

               


Sunday morning was a special morning at church, we had a dedication for our baby girl!  It was so special to dedicate our baby to Lord on Mother's Day.  I will never forget standing in front of our church making a promise as parents to raise our baby to love Jesus!   After church we went to the in-laws for brunch with the family.  We ate tons of food and opened cards and presents.  Scooter and Maddy got me a Kate Spade cross body purse, he always knows exactly what to get me!  Or maybe it was the email I sent him with a link to Nordstrom...lol.  After our workout later that day, we went to dinner at one of our favorite mexican food restaurants.  During dinner I realized that the last time we ate there was the night I went into labor!  Funny how the last two times I have been there was the day I gave birth and Mother's Day! Overall, it was an amazing weekend and I feel so blessed to be Maddy's mommy.  

                 



No comments:

Post a Comment